Thursday, October 21, 2010

Today is Thursday October 21, 2010. I was in charge of Young Women in Excellence last night and it turned out pretty well. We had a great dinner together with the parents and YW Leaders and the Bishopric. Thanks to the Young Women! You are wonderful! I want to extend a challenge to work hard on your personal progress all year so that next year we have a lot of YW who get their medallion! Go E11 YW!

Today I went for my run on my usual course - down the trail and up foothill. About 3 miles. It felt pretty good and I was glad I got it over with. The only thing that really hurts from the marathon is my toenails. They are kinda tender.

My philosophy on excersize needs to be revamped. More marathon like training on a weekly basis so that my body will release the right hormones to more consistently burn fat. So my plan is to run or bike 3 days and strength train 3 days. I need to push myself until it's pretty uncomfortable. Kind of like going up Foothill the entire time. Breathing really hard and pushing past my comfort zone. Today I ran faster instead of my usual "barely jogging" I would speed up and slow down. This was a good way to get my heart rate up for a longer period of time. I don't know that much about strength training. I need Andrea to come to the gym and help me with that.

So what is inspiring me today? The scripture in Ether chapter 12 verse 4. There is hope and through faith that hope will strengthen us. I am so grateful for the help I feel when I pray specifically to overcome my weaknesses.

My weight today is 203. I hope to see 202 tomorrow and I want to be to 200 by Tuesday the stress test day. I keep watching The Biggest Looser and can't imagine how much excersizing they must be doing to loose so many pounds in one week. I have to step it up and keep the inspiration going! I can do it! I just need to stay focused! and track my food intake. The end for today.

2 comments:

Camille said...

Aunt Edie you are awesome! It's fun to read about your fitness travels and you are helping ME be better about eating right and shedding some extra pounds. I had a horrible, junk-food eating day yesterday and your example helped me get out and running today. Keep it up!!

Edie Payne Manager said...

Camille, I'm so glad! It's difficult to stay motivated, but I am trying! I think it is especially hard when you have little mouths to feed. They are always hungry and eating makes everyone happy (for a moment) so carry lovely lady!